Sunday 14 June 2015

The World Is A Stage And We Are All Players - William Shakespeare

World is a stage and we are all players are words of the great poet William Shakespeare.
Although not all of us may agree to this idea, but I for one subscribe to this view and am sure many of you do too.
Why would I subscribe to this view will be explained in the following lines:
I remember my college days when this line was spelt out by one of my teachers from one of our English classes and she was of the opinion that this is not true, but that was her view. From that time onwards, this line rings in my ears and has always been there and I have time and again encountered instances in my life that made me believe, how true this sentence in meaning is.
All our life we amass wealth and work hard to make the best out of life for earning our living and building huge investments, not thinking or understand the true purpose of what we are doing. Our goal in life is not well defined and hence we go beyond the boundaries of reason to do more in our life than what is required. Life for us has become an arena for competition and survival which we assume it to be, parameters for which are set by us. We do not even take the time to ponder on what are we going to do with all this and how long are we going to live to enjoy the fruits of what we have earned.
In my home town I have seen many a people choosing a career on ships either as cooks, or common stewards and earn a hefty sum and all of a sudden catastrophe strikes by an Act Of God and all the riches are for someone else to enjoy. I mean what is the use of all the wealth that you have amassed over the years if you have to leave it one day. It is better to put it to use for someone who needs it and enjoy life with the money you have.
Not only that, we struggle all our lives thinking that we will make a bounty at retirement and enjoy its fruits, but most of us actually do not, as we are too busy at work to take care of our health and make huge compromises with that and end up with ailments to tend to after retirement. It is good to have money for your retirement, but aiming for an early retirement should be the goal, even if at that point in time there is a temptation to not retire due to the money that’s coming in from your job or paid profession.
After encountering all such incidents around me, I have really come to realize that our purpose in life is designed by a supernatural power and that we are all players at his behest.
Brian Mario Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment