Sunday 14 June 2015

I Had A Thought, So Do You.

I few days ago I had a thought that I must write and so I started, as I believe that writing is the best way to get your word through and this was motivated by an incident that I came across on my visits to one discotheque (Disc in modern terms) in Dubai, UAE(where I currently live) which was quite some time ago, but I still can’t forget that incident that made me believe that words written can be much more effective than words spoken, in case of a dispute.
It was one of our weekend out with my wife and some friends at a disc in Dubai. We were dancing on the floor to some numbers played by the beat group, of course high in spirits but yet in control. We took a break from the dance and went back to our seats after which the group started playing some rock numbers which I love, but the other members of my group did not fancy it much. So I took the floor alone and started rocking along with some other people on the floor. One of the bouncers walked up to me saying that only couples allowed on the floor and took me away in a very unpleasant manner. I kept my cool and walked out of the floor, but was very disturbed.  I did not give up, neither did I say a word to revolt.
I asked the courteous lady at the bar counter to pass me a complaint and suggestion leaflet and narrated the entire story in writing. It Worked ! The floor manager called me the next day and asked me for a meet at the hotel, apologized to me and promised to take action on the concerned person along with instructions passed to the staff to be careful.
That was when I realized that writing works and since then I have written certain articles, but writing a blog I felt was most effective these days and hence you are reading this today. I may make sense to some and may not to others, may make good logic to some and none to others, but even if I could bring about a positive effect on a few, I would be content.
What I am trying to say here is, that surely not everyone can put words into written text, but what is more important is bring the word out in any way we can; it may be a mail, a tweet, a letter or spoken words. I am sure many of you have stories to tell about your good experiences and I believe they must be shared to spread the good news and to bring about a change and a change for good. I had a thought and I believe, so do you!
Brian Mario Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment